February 28, 2010

A FLOWER

She’s a flower yet to be defined
Revealed only to find, she’s one of a kind
Fragrance takes away the blues, grays and things
The power of her scent takes me away
But I can’t share the address

From the soil of love she was planted
Happiness rained down on her
Fertilizing her future growth
And mine too

I never saw her sprout petals of promise
Or stems of strength
Too busy looking for her
Anywhere but the Secret Garden she resided in
Then 
HE stepped in and said look
It didn’t take but a second and not a second look
I was hooked and now
I’m in love with her too

A gift in the form of a promise
A promise in the form of you
You in the form of love
And love in the form of loving…US

A flower yet to be defined
But until then
This flower is mine


C2010 Wayne Box Miller 

No comments:

Post a Comment