March 11, 2010

JUST A THOUGHT

I think I love you too much
But I’ll keep doing it
I think I can’t live without you
And I don’t want to try

I think you’re reading this
Thinking about who fits this profile in your life;
Or who used to; or who you want to
But your hangups may hang you out to dry

Misery loves company
Tell em’ both goodbye
And be in love

Love is the eternal classroom
Where A’s turn into: what happened to my grade?
Where F is still a failing grade and word
And make-up exams bring smiles… and I’m sorry’s
And exhaustion; and a cigarette if you smoke

Love never reveals itself all at once
But in parts, pieces, clues, changing like a chameleon
Just did it again
So hold someone’s hand in love
So when love changes its mind
You won’t

C2009 Wayne Box Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment